UX Designer + Digital Strategist
The Urban Future Lab (UFL) is New York City’s hub for smart cities, smart grid and clean energy. We house several programs focused on educational, policy and market solutions to the issues of sustainability. Our flagship program, ACRE, is a business incubator that supports the growth of early stage cleantech and smart city startups.
The UX Designer/Digital Strategist works with our portfolio companies to fill in gaps in digital strategy, marketing and communications deliverables, and user experience. Additionally, you will be managing the Urban Future Lab website, and designing any deliverables for the space and programs.
- Collaborate with tenant companies to create impactful user experiences that balance design, business and technology goals.
- Design digital communications such as websites, pitch decks, messaging and marketing collateral through the lens of target audiences to clearly communicate company objectives and value propositions.
- Make successful, strategic, and tactical design recommendations based on standard design practices, web standards, and usability findings.
- Develop and present strategies, sitemaps, wireframes, and user flows based on insightful data driven decisions and good judgement.
- Adapt to needs of companies at different stages of development and work across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Manage multiple projects at one time, switching focus between projects as required to manage priorities.
- Develop brand identities and strategic messaging, utilizing tools such as user journey maps, mood boards, and wireframes; validating results through user testing.
- Master’s or Bachelor's degree in design-related discipline with 1-3+ years of experience working in the industry.
- Ability to communicate clearly visually and verbally.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work collaboratively on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong user-focused and visual design skills with an eye for detail.
- Proficiency with design tools (Adobe Creative Suite, etc.) and MS Office.
- Knowledge of capabilities/limitations of current web technologies.
- Ability to create rapid UI prototypes with common modeling tools.
- Familiarity with user testing methodologies.
- Video production, editing, and motion graphics skills are a bonus.
- Passion for or background in cleantech industry a bonus.
Please send your resume and a link to your portfolio to email@example.com.